Last Updated on
Although the combination of ingredients may sound unusual at first, chocolate chip zucchini cookies are actually a tasty treat that people of all ages will love to eat. This easy-to-make recipe produces some delicious chocolate chip cookies that utilize grated zucchini squash as one of the ingredients. Not only are these cookies very flavorful, but they also maintain a pleasing texture, and delightful appearance.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 of a teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups grated zucchini squash
You Will Also Need:
- A conventional oven
- Sheet pans
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl and large spoon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare sheet pans with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir or cream the sugar and butter together until they form a light and airy mixture. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture, then stir for an additional minute.
- Add the flour, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Next, add the zucchini to the other ingredients, gradually. Cut, or fold the chocolate chips into the mixture, and gently stir until the chips are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- One ample teaspoon of dough is enough to make one good-sized cookie. Place teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared sheet pans, approximately two inches apart.
- Place the sheet pans in the preheated oven, and bake for approximately 12-17 minutes. The cookies should be nicely golden-brown in appearance, when they are ready to remove from the oven.
- The cookies need to cool for a few minutes after they come out of the oven. If wire cooling racks are available, that’s good. If not, just let the cookies cool on the sheet pans.
This recipe generally yields three to four dozen cookies, depending on size. A creative and flavorful variation on a familiar type of cookie, chocolate chip zucchini cookies will be an instant hit wherever they are served.